1st Meeting of the ACNFP_PGT 22nd July 2022 Agenda
On this pageSkip the menu of subheadings on this page.
Advisory Committee on Novel Foods and Processes - Subcommittee on Products of Genetic Technologies Destined for Food and Feed Purposes
The 1st meeting of the ACNFP-PGT will be held at 9:30 am on the 22nd of July on Microsoft Teams (online & dial in).
Members are reminded of the need to announce any commercial interests in the business of the Committee prior to the discussions on each item.
In accordance with agreed procedures, the Secretariat is duty bound to keep a record of the names of Members who have declared interests at meetings of the Committee, giving dates, names of relevant products and companies, details of the interest declared, and whether the Member took part in the proceedings.
1st Meeting of the ACNFP_PGT - 22nd July 2022 Agenda
1. Apologies and Announcements
3. Matters Arising
4. Our ways of working – the Committee will be given advice on what is expected about information sharing and the support FSA can provide to handle queries. ACNFP_PGT/1/01
5. Determination of PBO status – the Committee will be introduced to the criteria and data requirement for the determination of PBO status of products by ACRE. ACNFP_PGT/1/02
6. Framework for the assessment of products from precision breeding – the Committee will be introduced to the scientific input needed by the FSA to support the development of a new framework. ACNFP_PGT/1/03
7. Precision breeding framework Workshop – the Committee will review and update the ACNFP statement on genome edited foods and feed (September 2021). ACNFP_PGT/1/04
8. Applications for Genetically Modified (GM) food and feed – the Committee will be introduced to the range of applications received by the FSA relating to GM. ACNFP_PGT/1/05
9. Genetically modified soybean ASSF7-127 RP188 – the Committee will review and provide advice to the FSA on the renewal of a GM for the use in food and feed. ACNFP_PGT/1/06
10. Genetically modified soybean 40-3-2 RP212 – the Committee will review and provide advice to the FSA on the renewal of a GM for the use in food and feed. ACNFP_PGT/1/07
11. Genetically modified maize MIR162 RP652 – the Committee will review and provide advice to the FSA on the renewal of a GM for the use in food and feed. ACNFP_PGT/1/08
12. Item for Information – Update from Genetic Technology Policy Team
Date of next meeting - 8th August 2022