155th Meeting of the ACNFP 16th November 2022 Agenda
On this pageSkip the menu of subheadings on this page.
Advisory Committee on Novel Foods and Processes
The 155th meeting of the ACNFP will be held at 10:30am on the 16th of November 2022 at Broadway House, Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NQ by invite only and on Microsoft Teams (online & dial in).
Members are reminded of the need to announce any commercial interests in the business of the Committee prior to the discussions on each item.
In accordance with agreed procedures, the Secretariat is duty bound to keep a record of the names of Members who have declared interests at meetings of the Committee, giving dates, names of relevant products and companies, details of the interest declared, and whether the Member took part in the proceedings.
155th Meeting of the ACNFP - 16th November 2022 Agenda
1. Apologies and Announcements
3. 154th Meeting Minutes
4. Matters Arising
5. Magnesium-L-threonate RP956 - the Committee will review this dossier further. ACNFP/155/01
6. CBD subgroup update – the Committee will be updated on the progress of this Subcommittee. Oral update
7. Workshop on Precision Bred Organisms (Reserved Business) - The Committee will explore precision bred organisms and work to further develop advice to the FSA on how this could be proportionately reviewed scientifically. ACNFP/155/02
8. Barley Rice Protein RP19 – the Committee will review the final draft opinion for the conclusion to the risk assessment. ACNFP/155/03
9. Cetylated Fatty Acids RP200 – the Committee will review the final draft opinion for conclusion to the risk assessment. ACNFP/155/04
10. Annual report – the Committee will review the annual report to ensure that it is accurate and reflects the work of the committee in 2021. ACNFP/155/05
11. Approach to assessment of solvent use for CBD applications (reserved business) – The committee will be asked to advise on the data requirements to review solvents that are utilised in CBD applications. ACNFP/155/06
12. Items for Information
12.1 Update from Novel Foods Policy Team
12.2 Update from GM Policy Team
12.3 SACs update
Date of next meeting – 8th February 2023