152nd Meeting of the ACNFP 30th March 2022 Agenda
Last updated: 29 March 2022
On this pageSkip the menu of subheadings on this page.
Advisory Committee on Novel Foods and Processes
The 152nd meeting of the ACNFP will be held at 9:30am on the 30th of March 2022 on Microsoft Teams (online & dial in) due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Members are reminded of the need to announce any commercial interests in the business of the Committee prior to the discussions on each item.
In accordance with agreed procedures, the Secretariat is duty bound to keep a record of the names of Members who have declared interests at meetings of the Committee, giving dates, names of relevant products and companies, details of the interest declared, and whether the Member took part in the proceedings.
152nd Meeting of the ACNFP - 30th March 2022 Agenda
1. Apologies and Announcements
4. Matters Arising
5. Mung Bean Protein - the Committee will consider further information provided by the applicant. ACNFP/152/03
6. Bambara RP1086 - the Committee will consider the notification for a traditional food from third countries. ACNFP/152/04
7. GE work timeline for ACNFP subcommittee (Reserved Business) – The Committee will consider the potential timeline for inputting to and supporting the policy work on Genome Edited Food and Feed. ACNFP/152/08
8. Items for Information
8.1 Update from Novel Foods Policy Team
8.2 Update from GM Policy Team
8.3 SACS update
Date of next meeting – 8th June 2022
10. Proposal for a subgroup of the ACNFP and COT to consider cross cutting issues of CBD products (Reserved Business) - Consideration of a proposal to establish a sub-group of the ACNFP and COT to consider common issues on CBD products. ACNFP/152/05
11. Cannabidiol (CBD) RP793 (Reserved Business) – The Committee will consider a new application under the novel food regulations for a CBD ingredient obtained by hemp extraction. ACNFP/152/06
12. Cannabidiol (CBD) RP07 (Reserved Business) – The Committee will consider further information provided by the applicant. ACNFP/152/07