150th ACNFP Meeting
Last updated: 24 February 2022
On this pageSkip the menu of subheadings on this page.
The 150th meeting of the ACNFP will be held online at 09.30am on Wednesday 24th November via Microsoft Teams, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Committee reviewed the application for Mung Bean Protein as received under the Novel Foods Authorisation Process, as a protein to complement or substitute animal/vegetable proteins. Discussion of the applicant’s response to the request for further information resulted in evidence gaps remaining. To enable a risk assessment, it was advised that further identified information continue to be requested from the applicant to assure safety.
- An application was reviewed for Calcidiol, a form of Vitamin D3 as a nutrient source in food supplement. The Committee advised that the applicant had not provided the information necessary and that the applicant should provide further information on various safety aspects so as to inform a thorough risk assessment.
- The Committee reviewed for the first time an application on Cetylated Fatty Acids, types of cetylated esters which are made through a chemical reaction and then blended with olive oil. The Committee advised on further information that could be obtained from the applicant on various areas of the application especially around ADME, production process and history of use.
- The Committee also discussed the approach towards assessing CBD applications as well as consideration of data requirements for the assessment of the associated toxicological risk. Discussions concluded with the Committee agreeing to the approach presented.
- The Committee agreed to the creation of a subgroup which would specifically consider issues related to Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) and Genome Edited (GE) food and feed.
Mung Bean Protein
The Committee will consider the responses provided to the request for further information regarding this novel food application.
The Committee will consider the responses provided to the request for further information regarding this noThe Committee will consider the dossier for this novel food for the first time.vel food application.
Cetylated Fatty Acids
The Committee will consider the dossier for this novel food for the first time.
Proposal for a subgroup of the ACNFP to consider issues of Genetically Modified Organisms and Genome Edited food and feed