Members are reminded of the need to announce any commercial interests in the business of the Committee prior to the discussions on each item.
In accordance with agreed procedures, the Secretariat is bound to keep a record of the names of Members who have declared interests at meetings of the Committee, giving dates, names of relevant products and companies, details of the interest declared, and whether the Member took part in the proceedings.
Secretariat January 2001
FORTY - EIGHTH MEETING OF THE ACNFP:
25 January 2001
1. Apologies and announcements.
2. Minutes of the Forty-seventh meeting
3. Matters Arising
3.1 Draft ACNFP Annual Report: members will be asked to comment on the first draft of the ACNFP annual report.
4. Phytosterol Esters: the Committee will be asked to consider the summary application and initial assessment report of the Finnish Competent Authority on the use of phytosterol esters in frankfurters, cheese and yoghurt
5. R&D: the Committee will be asked to comment on the final reports for 4 completed R&D projects.
6. GM enzyme: the Committee will be asked to look at the GM aspects of an application for an endoxylanase from a GM Aspergillus niger
7. Monsanto Soya: the Committee will be asked to comment on further data provided by Monsanto.
8. Items for information
8.1 Updates on previous applications and the latest Competent Authority meeting
9. General Discussion
9.1 Topics for an ACNFP open meeting.
9.2 Items for general discussion on GM issues.
Guidance for the presentation of molecular data necessary to support applications for the placing on the market of novel foods and novel food ingredients under Regulation (EC) No 258/97 of the European Parliament and Council.
Implications of Biolistic Techniques in GM Modification for food safety assessments (Professor Gasson)
Molecular Characteristics of GM plants (Professor Dale)
10. Any other business
11. Dates of next meeting
LUNCH WILL BE SERVED IN CONFERENCE ROOM 806 NOBEL HOUSE