Food Standards Agency
Room 3B Aviation House
London WC2B 6NH
Tel: +44 (0)20 7276 8595
Fax: +44 (0)20 7276 8513
The 51st meeting of the ACNFP will be held in Conference Room 5, on the 4th Floor Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6NH starting at 10.30 am on Thursday 13 September 2001.
Members are reminded of the need to announce any commercial interests in the business of the Committee prior to the discussions on each item.
In accordance with agreed procedures, the Secretariat is bound to keep a record of the names of Members who have declared interests at meetings of the Committee, giving dates, names of relevant products and companies, details of the interest declared, and whether the Member took part in the proceedings.
FIFTY FIRST MEETING OF THE ACNFP:
13 September 2001
1. Apologies and announcements.
2. Minutes of the Fiftieth meeting
3. Matters Arising
3.1 ACNFP Open Meeting: Members will be asked to discuss further the organisation and agenda for the open meeting that will be held on 14/15 Nov 2001.
3.2 ACNFP Factsheets: Following the last ACNFP meeting Members will be asked to comment on the redrafted factsheets produced by the Secretariat for inclusion in the ACNFP corporate brochure.
3.3 Friends of the Earth Report: Members will be asked to comment on the ACNFP’s draft response to the recently Published FoE report – "The Great Food Gamble"
3.4 T25 Maize: Members will be updated on the molecular characterisation of maize transformation event T25.
3.5 High Pressure Processing: Members will be updated on the Orchard House – final Scientific Opinion.
3.6 High Pressure Processing: Members will initially consider the data requirements for applications for High Pressure Processed non-fruit based products.
4. FSA Review of Scientific Advisory Committees: Members will discuss the current FSA review of Scientific Advisory Committees.
5. Safety Assessment of Oilseed rape: Members will be asked to consider further safety data for Monsanto’s Glyphosate resistant oilseed rape.
6. Safety Assessment of Cottonseed: Members will be asked to consider further safety data for Monsanto’s Insect protected and Roundup Ready Cotton.
7.Items for information
7.1 Updates on previous applications. Oral update
7.2 Taste Trial Consultation Oral Update
8. Any other business.
9. Dates of next meeting
LUNCH WILL BE SERVED IN CONFERENCE ROOM 4 AVIATION HOUSE